From the President
Welcome to Assistance League of Montgomery County!
Assistance League of Montgomery County is one of 120 chapters of National Assistance League whose programs help strengthen communities and put caring and commitment into action. The success of Montgomery County’s philanthropic programs is dependent upon the dedicated volunteers who generously donate their time to make a difference in Montgomery County.
First organized in 1985 as Lake Conroe Auxiliary of Assistance League of Houston, Assistance League of Montgomery County is celebrating over 31 years of serving Montgomery County. With 41 members in 1985, the organization has grown to almost 250 members.
Assistance League of Montgomery County offers programs and services that touch every age group, focusing on nine philanthropic programs which provide the following:
- New school clothing for students in kindergarten through high school.
- A multiple-tier scholarship program which assists graduating high school seniors, adults working toward certification in a health field, special needs individuals who would benefit from equine therapy, and adults needing to return to college to improve their quality of life.
- Fans and blankets for seniors and individuals in need.
- Basic needs items for the homeless and those in transition.
- Handmade dolls for agencies counseling children and adults suffering from dementia.
- Poison prevention presentations for pre-k and kindergarten students.
- Health record booklets for seniors and parents of small children.
- Assault Survivor kits for victims of trauma.
- Unsold donations for agencies to give to their clients at no charge.
All of the above programs are funded through the organization’s award winning thrift shop, which is run solely by over 200 member volunteers. In the fiscal year ended May 31, 2018, members gave almost 60,000 hours of community service and have returned over $6 million to Montgomery County residents since the organization began. All monies raised in the thrift shop stay in the County to improve the lives of the residents.
Through the generosity of our community residents, the support of local individuals and organizations and the service of our members, Assistance League of Montgomery County truly makes a difference in the lives of our community residents.
Carolyn Jones, President